Thursday, May 22, 2008

Parents and Puppies

My sister is reading a book called "Toxic Parents". I haven't read it yet, but she said it's amazing. I'm debating on whether to read it or not. Just reading a review of it made me X out of that page very quickly & go on to reading something much less threatening. I guess maybe it hits a little too close to home... or does it? Yeah, it does. I mean, if the review was threatening then that probably is telling me something right there. Maybe not. I don't want it to. So. hmmm. Just call me the Queen of Denial! (Hey, that goes along with the Cleopatra blog from the other day, heh heh.)

Have YOU read "Toxic Parents"? If so, what did you think?

Took the furboos to the groomer today & OMG you should see the little guy! His hair is SO short!!! He still has his floppy bangs & floofy tail, but the hair on his body (Havanese have hair, not fur) is maybe half an inch long! Surprisingly, I like it. Rubbing it feels like velvet! He no longer looks like a teddy bear, but he is going to be SO happy not to have me having to brush out tangles. (He hates to be brushed!)

Ms. P. on the other hand, even though she hides when she sees the brush & comb coming out, actually goes to sleep while I'm brushing her! Because of that, we left her hair fairly long. Right now she looks like a dandilion - all white & poofy. They both smell soooo good! Wonder if it will last 'til Saturday? That's when they get to go see Sharkey the Poodle! Meanwhile I'll get to see DS and DIL which will be cool. :-)

Cleopatra, the Queen of DeNial

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I haven't read that book... Sounds a little threatening, though. lol

I took the kitties to the vet today--she sold us a furminator brush--WOW. We took off multiple handfuls of undercoat from both our kitties, and they are so sleek and shiny now!

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

i better not EVEN think about reading that book (even thinking of it regards to the way i parented or was parented gives me the heebie-geebies )
Sounds like P and G are ready for summer..... i just noticed tonight that Mo has the starts of his regular case of "skin-turns-black-itches-like-crazy-nothing-seems-to help-it" ..the bad thing is the cocker will start soon too. The one vet says it is yeast infection but nothing on God's green earth has helped it.I hope you have a good time with DS and DIL and they love the visit with Sharkey--we are going to the mtns for the weekend

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Maybe I should read it first and tell you how it was, since I'm not a parent yet. It might be a little easier on my toes, LOL.

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

ANN - is the furminator different from a regular pet brush? Our cats are both shedding like crazy & brushing them with the brush (that I use on the dogs) doesn't come close to getting it all!

BRENDA - I hope you can find something to give Mo relief! ...

BRANDI - yes! read the book & tell us what you find out! :-)