Monday, June 16, 2008

Things I'm especially thankful for:

1. On this Father's Day I'm glad my dad is alive and well! We talked over an hour on the phone today. There was a time several years ago when we didn't know if he was even going to live or not, so having him doing so well 4 years later is just great!

2. The hot spell has broken - it's 67 right now with a breeze that feels fantastic!

3. DH came through his oral surgery with no problems. (Now we're being careful to ward off the dreaded dry socket!)

4. DD is planning to come up this Saturday & spend a few days!

5. The dogs are both potty trained even though we didn't really know what we were doing when we trained Polly, and we were told Garcia might not be trainable since he was older when we got him & had spent his life up to that point in a cage.

6. DS got back safely from an overnight trip (via plane) to Atlanta.

7. Mr. T has resigned & won't be making life a living hell for Mr. D. anymore (at work). WOO HOO HURRAH YEE HAW!!! (turning flips around the room for that one!!)

8. There's a McDonalds near our house so when DH was craving a strawberry shake today (he can't eat solids right now) it was quick & easy to get one for him.

9. I finished the back of the baby sweater I started knitting Thursday & I love the way it's looking! It's really pretty and the pattern turned out to be easier than I'd expected. :-)

10. On what would've been our 35365th wedding anniversary (well, actually our 37th but geeze that's a lot of years!) XH mentioned the date to DD. Oddly enough, it made me feel good to know he hadn't just totally forgotten about it even though the marriage ended 24 years ago.

Now it's your turn! What are YOU thankful for today?

2 comments:

Sherri said...

good list!

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

I'm thankful for great friends that I have met on the internet via our mutual obsessions.I'm thankful that you and my other scrappy friends hang in there with me through thick and thin.
and I am REALLY thankful that this is my first night on vacation. We take off in the morning to return in 1 week..... YEAH!
and BTW-- i love your list-- gotta agree with all of them but #2 is wonderful here too