Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Baking Again!




I'm about to bake my second cake in less than a month! I used to bake a lot, but hadn't in quite a few years... I think I'm "getting my groove back". LOL

As you may (or may not) know, on October 1st we moved 300 miles closer to my family! For the first time in over ten years I'm getting to see them on a regular basis, and boy is it making a difference! I'm LOVING it! A couple of weeks ago I made a birthday cake for my grandson's 2nd birthday. (see pic) He adored it!

Tonight I'm going to try a new recipe I got from a friend earlier this week. It's called "Coal Miner's Cake" . I'm also going to make dressing using the recipe my grandmother used every year on Thanksgiving. Yum! These are both for a family gathering tomorrow. Being back close to my family has made it fun to cook again! :-D

3 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

cute cake!

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

Thanks Brandi! The train pieces are toys that squirt water when they're placed in a bathtub. I thought that'd be more fun than just buying regular cake decorations. :-)

Sherri said...

that's darling!