Friday, March 20, 2009

Update on the phone conversation

Update:

Well, I'm much calmer now than I was when I wrote my last post (thank goodness!). Something surprising happened last night: my mom called me "just to talk". She never ever does that! Never. She sounded really nervous but just chit chatted, no mention of the conversation of the day before.

I guess maybe this was her way of apologizing or making sure that we were "ok" with our relationship. I don't know. Anyway, I actually felt kind of sorry for her because she sounded so very nervous. People don't get the way she is without having something pretty bad happen to them early in life & normally I remind myself of this instead of letting it all get to me like it did Wed. night.

I do think it was ok that I said what I did. While I want to be careful about her feelings I still need to allow myself to protect my own (feelings).

Thanks for listening. :-)

2 comments:

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

just wanted to let you know that I'm still here.... I am glad for you sake that you have agood attitude about your Mom and the trauma that must have brought her to this stage in her life. how about a few more cyber (((HUGS)))

Sherri said...

glad you are calmer
and you are right, this is probably her way of apologizing
{{hugs}}