Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The First of my YAWYK Items Left Today!

Today I did my first papercrafting of 2011: I made a card & sent it with a bunch of stickers to a little preschooler and her big sister. (Should've taken a pic of the card but didn't... but at least I made the card LOL!)

Items used: 3 small Sizzix cardstock sheets, 1 ribbon, 1 blank card, and some epoxy alphabet stickers. I'm counting all the letters as one item rather than counting each one individually, so that makes a total of 6 items used for making the card. (I'm not counting adhesives.)

I enclosed:
24 little sheets of stickers (the sheets that are 3-5" square that you buy from a roll)
and 2 mini-scrapbooking kits.

SO... 6 items used on the card + 26 items given away = 32 items out of the house! Just 1,979 to go to reach my goal of sending 2011 craft items out of the house in 2011. That's kind of daunting, but if Ann Marie can do it I can do it! (See Ann, you've inspired me!)

3 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Good morning, and, first, thanks for visiting MY blog! I am sure you found me through either or both Roni's Ink Stains and the Vexed Angel! Both super scrappers. I love the idea of YAWYK. It would most likely not be too difficult for me as a scrapbooker-for-hire, but what I am doing this year is the Project 365.2011 started by a friend on fb. My husband is usually the photographer in our family, so the challenge of taking a photo a day for 365 days is daunting enough! ;-)

Again, thanks for visiting...I enjoyed reading your recent blog posts! Kay

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Woo-hoo!! I have my first bags of stuff that are getting ready to go to Goodwill, but I think i'm just going to post monthly updates. We're keeping a tally sheet on the fridge, lol!

Ann Marie said...

Whoo!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am definitely doing this again. I threw away a bunch of stuff today as we moved rooms, but I'm not counting yet. I really like how you count the stickers, so I'm stealing that!!