Monday, September 15, 2008

Family, Fun, Fondue, and Furry Friends

DH & I had the best time Saturday night with my son & DIL. They had us down for the weekend, & (in celebration of my birthday) had a special fondue dinner out on the deck. The atmosphere was great - with the tiki torches burning and a warm breeze blowing it felt almost tropical. The food was great - there was cheese fondue with a great variety of foods to dip in it, and later a chocolate fondue with fresh fruits & brownie cubes to dip in it. YUM!

The deck is huge, so the furboos had plenty of room to run around with DS & DIL's poodle without being in the way. They (the fuzzywhitedogs) just LOVE to go there to visit! Mr. Poodle is their favorite furry friend; DS gets down on the floor & plays with them (which they love), and DIL slips them tasty treats that they're not allowed to have at home. No wonder they get recognize the exit off I-75 that takes us to their house!

While we were there DS & DIL surprised us with a birthday gift that will be SO much fun!! (DH's birthday is just a few weeks after mine.) What is the fun? Well, they're taking us to see ROBIN WILLIAMS next month! Woo hoo!! That should be great! He is SO funny & outrageous, I've enjoyed his humor for years! What a nice gift - we're counting the days!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Don't you love Fondue? It's one of my favorite things to eat. And I am so jealous about Robin Williams. I think he is just hilarious.

Sherri said...

how fun! Robin Williams is hilarious!