Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Brain is Spinning with AG Doll Choices



See these 2 girls? You'd think picking a doll for each of them would be easy wouldn't you? That's whyI am SO disgusted with myself! DH & I had decided to get the 2 oldest DGDs American Girl dolls for Christmas. When I got out the catalog I saw a code in it that was good for free shipping 'til midnight last night. (Shipping is based on the amount spent, & with ordering 2 dolls it would've been $25., so it was definitely worth trying to beat that deadline.) As luck would have it, midnight was just a couple of hours away.

Based on the things the DGD's descriptions of which Just like You doll they wanted, I discovered that picking which dolls to order wasn't nearly as simple as it sounds.

Only 1 doll has the coloring & lack of bangs (they both specifically said "no bangs") that met their description. Even she had freckles which Ashley didn't want and her hair wasn't like either girl... plus, I really don't want to get them identical dolls (even though the 2 of them look so much alike)... so there was a quandry.

I thought about ordering Kit for Whitney (here is Kit) http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/static/kitdoll.jsf/title/Kit+&+Ruthie/saleGroupId/300/uniqueId/59/nodeId/11/webMenuId/5/LeftMenu/TRUEbecause she looks SO much like her (except that her hair is wrong color). However, she had said she didn't want Kit, she wanted a Just Like You doll... but to me Kit looks more like her than the other one did.

There is a Just Like You doll that looks SO much like Ashley except that it has brown eyes & Ash's are blue.

I went back & forth & back & forth until my head was spinning. Long story short, I ended up not ordering any. I am so disappointed in myself. DH reassuringly said it wasn't worth getting so stressed about, & that we'll just get them something else from their lists. I know how much Whitney wants one though, so I'm still not able to get it out of my mind.

Opinions? Suggestions? Reassurance that I'm not crazy for being so overwhelmed?

2 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Sorry, I'm no help to you because I'm allergic to AG dolls. I won't even go into it. But good luck!

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good! Were you attacked by an angry mob of roving AG dolls as a child?

Ok, we ended up just ordering one, because we found out today that there was something else that Ashley wanted more than an AGD. Even though it was upsetting at the time, I'm now glad I didn't order 2 last night!!!