Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is the Week!!


(photo from ultrasound taken at about 30 weeks)
This is the week we've been waiting for! On Friday my daughter will give birth to her 4th child. I am SO excited (and of course a little worried too since it'll also be her 4th c-section which is more than they really like for a person to have). I will be SO relieved when we have that little baby safely here and can relax knowing that he and DD are both fine.

I'll be going down for the birth and staying 2 weeks. My boss is fine with that (not that he had much choice - my kids are the most important thing in the world to me & I'd quit before I'd miss this). (Yes, I know they're both in their 30's but they're still "my kids" LOL. I mean, really, it'd sound kind of wierd to call them "my adults"!!!)

I'm to leave here Thursday morning but I swear I'm dying to leave sooner - like maybe RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!! I know I'll stay here through Tuesday so I can VOTE, but on Wednesday it's going to be a real struggle to point that car towards work instead of towards Kentucky!!

DD is to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. on Friday, so if you'd like to send some prayers her way that'd be great! She is going/has gone through this whole pregnancy totally without the help of her DH. They were in the process of getting a divorce when she discovered that she was expecting. That brought the divorce to a screeching halt because in their state you can't get divorced while pregnant.

Her DH has been a real @#%#$ throughout the pregnancy... to be honest I don't know how she has maintained her sanity with all the stuff he has put her through. She is such a forgiving person though that if he happens to show up for the birth she is going to let him be in the delivery room when the baby is born. (If he doesn't show up I get to be in there!! That would be SO cool!) Anyway, no matter what her DH does or doesn't do, DD has a strong faith in God and knows she had the complete love and support of her brother & me, and we can get through anything!

2 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Yay!! I know you are excited girl. I can't wait to see pics of the new baby!!

Karenladd said...

I will be saying prayers for your dd and the new baby on Friday. I know just what you mean about always worrying about your kids, no matter how old they are. You're dd has been through the ringer with her soon-to-be-ex and she is lucky to have two concerned and involved parents to help her out. A new baby, how exciting!!