Friday, October 26, 2007

A Baby Story

Today I happened upon the last ten minutes or so of "A Baby Story" on TLC. I came in during the part where they're yelling "push, push" and the girl is screaming as the baby tries to push its way into the world. Very intense - I really felt like I was there!

The baby arrived, dark haired and perfect (looking very much like MY first baby). The mom cried. The dad cried. Both grandmothers cried. I cried.

I started out crying because it was all so wonderful and happy. After a minute or so, when everyone else's eyes had dried, I found that I was still crying. I had been unexpectedly overcome with such an intense longing to be back at the point in my life when I was a new mom and all the years of having my children little and at home were still ahead of me.

Wouldn't it be fun if we could occasionally travel back in time for a few days? If we could, I'd be visiting the 70's right now. How about you? What experiences would you like to re-live?

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Wow, so many!

My honeymoon. :-)

My wedding.

Missouri Scholars' Academy--a camp I went to when I was in high school, everything was so intense--I would like to go back and re-visit with more perspective, though.

A couple of key moments in college when I did very stupid but very exhilirating things.

Most of my Europe trip...

My birth, but to ask my bio. mother some questions. :-)

Ann

Cindy said...

I too would love to do my wedding again. I'd also love to re-do my trip to Sanibel Island.

I did want to thank you for all the compliments on my layout. And yes, it is all digital.

Jen Hoover said...

ya um...NO!
as much as I complain about my life, my past is a NIGHTMARE! :P
but thanks for reminding me that I LOVE where I am right now! :D