Wednesday, October 24, 2007

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today we got our second dog, little G. He is such a sweetheart, so loving and funny - first animal I've known that had a sense of humor! (I should write more about that when I'm not so sleepy.) I never thought I'd have one dog, much less 2, but it is great!

Formerly an avid cat person, I must admit that there's nothing quite like opening the door after a lousy day to find 2 little creatures just beside themselves with joy at your arrival! (It's kind of like it was back when the kids were little... but they were never quite this fuzzy!)

Granted, I do still love my cats - even though they rarely raise an eyebrow at my arrival. They are definitely cheaper & much lower maintenance than dogs. Having both cats AND dogs makes life very interesting (we have 2 of each... did I mention that our condo bylaws say we are limited to having one pet?) Life just wouldn't be quite the same without those 16 little feet dashing up & down the hall in their own version of the Kentucky Derby!

A big thanks to the stars that aligned just right to bring little G. into our lives on October 24, 2006!

1 comment:

*reyanna* said...

This is great! I need to celebrate the day we brought home our fur-babies. I can't believe I don't already! LOL. Thanks for the reminder! :D